Friday, March 10, 2017

Carefree Abandon

I am linking up for Five Minute Friday.  The FMF is hosted by Kate Motaung on her blog Heading Home. Today's prompt is "abandon.". I love spending time with this crew. They bless me beyond words. We'd love to have you join us.  Just hop onto Twitter on Thursday evenings and follow the #fmfparty. Hope to see you there! 

The little girl twirling, twirling, twirling...not a care in the word.  She is filled with carefree abandon. She joyfully lives her life as if no one is watching. We can learn so much from her. What if we too lived with carefree abandon?

She sits on the shores of the lake, a gentle breeze blowing on her back. The sun shines down on her body. She reflects and knows that in this moment she is never alone. God will never abandon her. 

She cries out in pain as she waits to give birth to her child. Her love standing at her bedside; holding her hand. He will not abandon her. He will stay by her side always and forever. They will not abandon their child's side either. Soon their babies cry pierces the room. 

She sits at his bedside holding his hand. 70 years of marriage together, they don't know anything different. He breathes his last and a tear trickles down her face. Even in this loss, she knows she is not alone. Her family and friends by her side. They will not abandon her. 

She sits at the table with her computer; tap tap tapping away at the keys; spilling words onto a page. She no longer cares what others think. She will continue to be truthful and share her story knowing others will be blessed by her words. A carefree abandonment that comes only when she lets her words spill out from her heart onto the page. A beautiful reminder that even in telling our stories God is with us. God will never abandon us. 

And because God will never abondon us, we can live with carefree abandonment. Or in the words from Live with Abandon from the Newsboys, "Let us live with abandon."

44 comments:

  1. What a beautiful way to carry the theme of abandonment throughout the life of a woman. I'm your neighbor at FMF this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i enjoyed your post today. i could identify with so many of those stages in life since i have lived them:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet, Tara! I love the journey you take us through as we go from one stage of life to another. So very glad you have a carefree abandonment! Your words are beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Tara. You capture the truth so well that God will never abandon us at any stage of life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now, this was different. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how God enters into all of our situations and becomes the presence that guides us through.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! I love that abandon can take on so many forms....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tara, your images are beautiful. From the girl twirling to the woman holding her beloved's hand for the last time, to the freedom that comes when we write from our hearts. I loved the beautiful images of living with abandon and remembering we are never alone, never abandoned. Well done, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful word pictures Tara. I loved how you weaved the story. I'm glad I made it over today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christy. I am glad you made it over too.

      Delete
  10. Vivid and encouraging - so many pictures of living life to the full and dying to self. Thank you for your post xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my - I loved all the little snapshots! Super creative and it draws the reader in! Loved it, my friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks friend! It was fun to write. xoxo

      Delete
  12. Tara, sooo good! Some truths and encouragements. I love the "live with carefree abandon." Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tara, this is so beautiful! I love it! :) Blessings to you! Love the song, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gayl! I love that song too.

      Delete
  14. Love how you put yourself in others' shoes. Well said and so tender.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Tara, you swept me away. So beautiful. I miss those days of just running free with nothing more on my mind than that current moment. I definitely would much rather and enjoy the freedom that our Lord gives us as we surrender to him.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amen! I love the progression of your words through the years. What a lovely picture to carry with us of God's faithfulness and His desire to never leave us.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job with this word. You did such a great job putting your words together. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so artfully done, Tara! What a brilliant exposition on a life of abandon, and such a fitting musical coda!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, what a stunningly original, creative take on the prompt this week! I love how you've woven story into it all, making each type of "abandon" come alive in the mind of the reader. Tara, you have excelled yourself here! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words friend. xo

      Delete
  20. Tara, so lovely is this story. She can live with abandon because God imprinted early on that she would never be abandoned.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Tara,
    oh how lovely and difficult to read your post! Our dear neighbor passed away somewhat suddenly in November. He fell ill in August after turning 80 and celebrating his 60th anniversary. I thought of his widow as I read this.

    Life has so much pain, I am thankful that God will never abandon us for a single moment! :)
    Love,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear about your neighbor. So hard. But God is with us in all moments. That gives me comfort.

      Delete

Your comments totally make my day!