Thursday, January 26, 2017

The Holy Spirit

am linking up for Five Minute Friday.  The FMF is hosted by Kate Motaung on her blog Heading Home. Today's prompt is "control". It was so good to see this crew and get back into the groove of FMF. We'd love to have you join us.  Just hop onto Twitter on Thursday evenings and follow the #fmfparty. Hope to see you there! 

The Holy Spirit she blows where she will
She goes left; we go right
Trying to control where she blows

Yet she knows better
She knows us in our uncertainty
She redirects and leads us
Where she needs 

She holds our hand
She leads us beside still waters
She controls where we need 
To be led

Down a path 
With the Holy Spirit
At my back
I lean in
Lean into where 
She is leading me.

The Holy Spirit
Is the one in control
And in the midst 
Of uncertainty and faith
I trust 
Trust that she is 
Always in control.

Because the Holy Spirit
Blows where she will. 

26 comments:

  1. I love your imagery of the Holy Spirit blowing winds yet guiding us. Thanks for sharing on the FMF linkup. I am at #14 this week. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit, I struggle with you calling the holy spirit a she, but other than that, decent poem. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Understand...and thank you!

      Delete
  3. Wow, Tara, this is great! You've got a gift for imparting faith and writing poetry.

    #1 at FMF this week.

    http://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2017/01/your-dying-spouse-264-theres-still-work.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much friend!

      Delete
  4. I love how you made the Holy Spirit a female! IN US! Love love love that concept. Wonderful post. Have a warm beverage for your cold ND day! Love, Jenn aka Graceglimmers from FL #23 this week at FMF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! That's why I used it. And thank you!

      Delete
  5. Assuring words, Tara. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debby. And you're welcome!

      Delete
  6. This is so beautiful. Sometimes, the wind feels out of control, but it is such a guiding presence. This poem is so comforting... She leads me to peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! I'm so glad it is comforting to you!

      Delete
  7. Lovely poem! It is reassuring when we feel out of control to remember that God knows what he is doing and the Holy Spirit is with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful imagery Tara! I love the incorporation of nuances of Psalm 23 and the Holy Spirit as a She really creates a whole new picture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so grateful that the Holy Spirit leads us, even (especially?) during those times when we're uncertain. I'm so glad we never walk alone, but we are guided by our God. You made me think with this one, Tara. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful and I too love the imagery of the Spirit being female.... powerful xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma! And me too!

      Delete
  11. Tara, I love the images your words conjure in my mind, especially with these lines:

    "Down a path
    With the Holy Spirit
    At my back
    I lean in
    Lean into where
    She is leading me."

    They suggest a need for willing compliance from us and a trust in just Who has got our back at all times. Great stuff! I'm a bit slow catching up this week as my post has only just gone live. xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful words! Thank you for sharing these words through poetry. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks friend! Hope you had a great weekend too!

      Delete

Your comments totally make my day!