Saturday, April 02, 2016

Healing and Hope

I got to cuddle a four month old baby today.

Anyone that knows me knows that this is my most favorite thing in the world.

I took Little Miss R into my arms and a peace immediately came over me. We walked back and forth talking to one another. The room was full of people, but in my world, it could have easily been just the two of us. Her sweet fingers curling into mine, her beautiful baby scent encompassing me....I was in baby heaven.

Since I was little, I've been chasing the very "until" of being a mom. Yet at 37 years old, this dream; this "until" hasn't been met for me yet. It's something I pray for daily. And the more I pray, I wonder if God is calling me to foster or adoption or both.

Every time I get to cuddle a baby, my heart is content...a contentment that I honestly can't seem to find anywhere else in my life. So when I get to snuggle a baby, I wonder if God is affirming who God created me to be; a woman who deeply loves babies and has wanted to be a mom her entire life.

I continue to lift my prayers to God and trust in Gods call for me. I'm also very thankful for colleagues and friends who allow and have allowed me to have precious baby time with their babies.

For in those moments, when a sweet baby is snuggled into my arms, I find healing...........................

But more than anything I find hope!



10 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Tara. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! And thank you too!

      Delete
  2. Tara, so beautiful! I can see you would make a great mom with your love and compassion. May God bless you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you as you take this new path God is opening up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is the God of hope and I truly believe Psalm 37:4 "Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of our hearts." When that desire is there and you pray for, worship, love, and delight in our Father, then that desire is from Him and He wants to give it to you. It will be in His time and it will be worth waiting for! Blessings while you wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine. Your words are pure gift and balm to my soul today.

      Delete
  5. IF this is the path He is leading you on? Make haste!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments totally make my day!