Thursday, January 28, 2016

It's Award Season!


liebsteraward

A couple of weeks ago, I was recognized with some blogging awards from my friend Mary over at Mary-andering Creatively. I had every intention of posting that week, but then life got busy and then......my purse was stolen. So sorry it took me so long to get my post up, Mary! I am honored that you nominated me for the Liebster Award as well as the Blogger Recognition Award . One of my fave things about these awards are that they are given by fellow bloggers.

The Liebster Award is passed from blogger to blogger as a source of encouragement. Each Liebster award recipient should: post the award to her blog, answer the nominating blogger's ten question interview, nominate 3-15 other bloggers with fewer than 3,000 followers whom he/she wants to encourage, and create ten questions for the new nominees.

The Blogger Recognition Award asks you to thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog, attach the award to the post, write a post to show off the award, give a brief story of how your blog started, give a piece of advice to new bloggers (My advice would be "Tell your story, interact with your readers, etc."), select 15 other bloggers you might want to give the award to, and comment on each blog and let them know you nominated them.

1. How long have you been blogging? I started the blog in 2000 but only wrote two posts that year. The blog really took off in 2005. There were times I went through dry spells. In the last few years though, the blog has become extremely active as I linkup and meet new friends etc.

2. Did blogging start out as a hobby for you and in what ways has it grown than what you expected? I started blogging before seminary, but really started blogging when I graduated seminary. It was a way to stay connected to my friends and family scattered near and wide. Over the years, my writing has evolved as I have found cool linkups and writing opportunities like the Write 31 Days challenge. Some of my closest friends are people that I have met in the blogging world...so crazy to say that, but it is oh so true!

3. How much time do you dedicate to writing or to your blog? I try to write 2-3 times a week. Posts can take me anywhere from a few minutes to an hour (creating graphics, editing, etc).

4. What is your blog about? My blog is a place for me to share my story; I cover everything from my mom's struggle with a mental illness and being her daughter; to my faith; to being a single 37 year old etc.

5. Where does the inspiration behind your writing come from? It truly comes from my everyday life. Quotes, words, stories that impact me. My latest post was written after a text from a friend and words she texted to me. The Bible and my faith also serve as inspiration. I also glean inspiration from other bloggers.

6. What is your best post or the one you had the most fun writing? Oh man it is so hard to pick just one. One of my favorites was a Five Minute Friday post when our host let us pick our own word prompt. I tweeted friends and asked them to tweet me back a word and the word I got in return "fuzzy." It was a fun post to write and still makes me smile. You can read that post Here.

7. What is the hardest thing about blogging to you? To not get caught up in the numbers and success of others. It isn't about me, but is about glorifying God and that is all that matters. It isn't about how grandeous my blog is.

8. Where do you see your blog in 3 years? In three years, I want to see myself still blogging. I would love to continue to grow my readership. It also would be cool to write my first book in that time frame as well.

9. What is the best social media outlet for your blog? Facebook. It links to my profile page every time I post. In the stats, Facebook is one of the first places that shows up of how readers got redirected to my blog. However Twitter is growing. And I am finding new ways to use Instagram as well.

10. What is the one thing you would want your readers to know about you? I love the color GREEN! I only have two first cousins and we are all girls; born on the third of the month. I am a Virgo. I love BABIES! I love spending time with my friends and family. I am pretty much an open book!

I nominate these lovely individuals: (No worries if you chose not to participate)

Karrilee at Abiding Love, Abounding Grace
Tammy at Sincerity and Hope
Christy at Homeskool Mom
Andrew at Blessed are the Pure of Heart
Valerie at Tales from a Southern Catholic Momma
Melissa at Plaidfuzz
Susan at Hope Heart Home
Mary at Passage Through Grace
Marie at Along The Way
Colleen at Blessed are the Feet
Anita at Blessed but Stressed

I am going to keep it simple and follow the lead of my nominator, Mary! So answer the questions that I answered. Or tell us about your blogging life, when you started, what you blog about, and your blogging goals for the New Year!

6 comments:

  1. Tara, love your answers - I have been honored with the Liebster prior to this so I will pass on this double endowment.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice of you! You deserve this recognition and more. I appreciate your perspective and your loving heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get on writing that book, we are all waiting to read it! Like Susan, I have done this before so I will pass on a new post, but thanks for the nomination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am working on it! And no worries about passing.

      Delete

Your comments totally make my day!