Things I learned this month....
(2) "I am an imperfect person loved by a perfect God!" This image came across my Instagram feed and spoke straight to my heart. I am indeed not perfect...none of us are...but we are loved by a perfect God. We are "fearfully and wonderfully made!"
(3) That twelve years after someone has passed away, my heart still aches so deeply for them. I was cleaning in my guest room when I came across the bookmark of my Grandpa's obituary. As I read and remembered, the date (August 21) hit me straight in the gut because it was on that date twelve years ago that we celebrated his life at his funeral. Grandpa Sam was such a caring wonderful man. I miss him each and every day.
(4) Sitting on my deck. sipping a Starbucks Refresher, and reading is a place where I truly experience peace and Sabbath. I finally finished "Orphan Train", started "Searching for Sunday" and have so many wonderful books on my to read list "For the Love" "Wild in the Hollow" etc. Since summer was so busy, I didn't get to spend time reading on my deck a lot so I have been making up for lost time this week.
(6) VOXER! Can I say more? I love that I can talk to many of my blog friends and hear their voices. I seriously cannot get enough of this app.
(7) It takes a lot of people and work to get a hot air balloon up in the air. Some church members called me a week ago and asked if I wanted to help them launch a hot air balloon and chase after it. This members brother-in-law/uncle owns the hot air balloon. As they sprawled out the balloon and many held on to it, I ran the fan and helped to fill it up with air. We drove around following the balloon so we could be there when it was ready to land.
(8) A community of writers and friends who get my heart and who I feel like I have known forever. I am so blessed that I got to meet several blog friends in real life while my sister were in Nashville. It is hard to put into words how much these people mean to me. My dear friend Karrilee said it best on her blog when she wrote: "You just may find that you have found your people strung across the world wide web and you so connect in heart and spirit that distance doesn't feel real. Yes. This. Thank You, Internet, for this!" Amen and all the yeses to that!!!
(9) I am so incredibly LOVED! Some days it is so easy to forget that, but God has orchestrated some amazing friendships in my life and family who remind me how loved I am. I've been so surprised and humbled by the comments I have received on my last Five Minute Friday post. I love you all so much too! (See also #8)
(10) I love music! Being in Nashville was awesome. I cannot carry a tune for the life of me, but I love listening to new music. In Nashville, we got to hear all sorts of music including one of my all-time faves Vince Gill.
(11) Prayer really does work! Now I have known this before and have prayed many times for others, but I was reminded again of the power of prayer. I shared a prayer request and so many of you responded with your prayers. God heard those prayers and our prayers were answered. So how might I pray for you this week friends? I would love to return the favor.
So, my friends, this is what I learned throughout the month of August. See you in September!
I am linking up with Emily Freeman at Chatting at the Sky, Holly for Testimony Tuesday, and Kelly for the RaRa Linkup.