Tuesday, November 03, 2015

What October Taught Me

I am linking up with Emily Freeman's monthly link-up today. You can check out all the posts over at Emily's Place. (Sad face....I missed the link-up deadline!)

October came in with a BANG with the Write 31 Days challenge. And, of course, I thought it would be a great idea to do two series: one on my personal blog and one on a blog I just started for church. I am happy to say that this overachiever finished both Write 31 days series.

This is what I learned this month....


(1) I absolutely love hosting friends over at my place. There is something so incredibly holy about inviting them to sit at my virtual table and to hear their stories. I hope to invite more of you to come to visit here. Thanks to Karrilee, Melissa, and Colleen for sharing their stories of God's grace this month. Please know that the door is always open to all of you!

(2) Throughout my 31 days, I learned that I absolutely LOVE the discipline of sitting down and writing every day during the challenge. I love doing something that stretches me and blesses me in more ways than I could ever imagine.

(3) The Interwebs and SOCIAL MEDIA! I cannot even begin to tell you how amazing it has been to find a community that has blessed me in more ways than I could ever imagine. I am thankful that I got to Periscope with several of the Five Minute Friday crowd while they were at Allume this past month. (Allume or another blogging conference is totally on my bucket list!) And thanks to Susan for this beautiful gift that she sent me. I cannot wait to dive into it!


(4) Project Life App. This has become one of my new favorite apps. My friend Sarah gifted it to me and I cannot get enough of it. I can make pages on my phone or my I-pad Mini, upload the page to Shutterfly and drop into a page. It is so slick. Here is a page I recently made ALL using that app.


(5) ShutterFly. I absolutely love making Shutterfly photo books. And  cannot wait for the orange package to arrive in my mailbox. I have been so far behind. But due to the Fall weather and being cuddled up under blankets at home, I have been able to catch up. 

(6) As my friend Karrilee stated in her monthly wrap-up, Write 31 days totally cuts into our reading time. Amen to that! I just started "It's Simply Tuesday" by Emily P. Freeman and am LOVING it! On my to-read list is "Beautiful UnCertainty" "Accidental Saints" and so many others.

(7) I LOVE reading others blogs, commenting, and encouraging them. One of my favorite things this last month was encouraging my friends through the challenge, but also meeting new blog friends. I never realized how much of an encourager I am until others pointed it out to me.

(8) I am learning the many ways God has called me to be brave while also learning to be brave in new ways too. The other day, my friend Mary pointed out how she thinks my brave is in "telling our story." Anyone else think God was trying to show me something over a year ago then when I was called to write this: Being a Daughter: 31 Days of Mental Illness

(9) Adulting totally sucks sometimes! At the end of last week which also happened to coincide with the end of the month, my car had all sorts of problems. I had to have three tires replaced. In addition, my automatic window engine died which of course had to happen immediately after I had rolled down my window so it was stuck in the down position. Thankful it was all fixable and that my Dad is able to help me out.

(10) Spending time with family is wonderful! I loved spending time with my aunt, Grandma and Grandpa earlier this month. As Gma and Gpa age, I treasure the time I have left with them even more! We hung out at the Norsk Hostfest and got to see some awesome concerts especially Martina McBride.

(11) I am a kid at heart! It was so much fun to dress up for the church's Fall festival. I also love hanging out with my favorite peeps! 

And that is pretty much what I learned this month. What have you learned this month?

(Also after Write 31 days, I am taking some time off from the blog to simply rest. I will see you back here late Thursday night or early Friday morning for the Five Minute Friday. Not sure if this week's word will top last week's prompt of  "bacon" And oh how much do I love that our writing tribe picked that word! Love these quirky lovely people!)

I am linking up with these lovely faith-filled ladies:



6 comments:

  1. Love your list and can relate to many of them after doing 31 Days as well. I am so looking forward to the project life app coming out for Android next year so I can start using it. You are certainly an encourager and I have been on the receiving end on my blog so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Project Life is so much fun. It will be awesome when it comes out for Android next year. I am so glad that you could be on the receiving end of my encouraging.

      Delete
  2. Yay, friend. Love all the lessons that ONE month brought! Just imagine what God is going to do with the rest. Such possibility! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiffany! Hugs back at ya!

      Delete
  3. I love your October buttons and your whole entire list!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments totally make my day!