Tuesday, September 29, 2015

More Precious than Rubies

I stand looking in the mirror, my I-phone 6 leaning up against the counter of the sink as music streams from my Pandora station. I grab my contacts case and begin putting my contacts in my eyes. I plug my curling iron into the wall and let it heat up while I blow dry my hair. After a few minutes of drying my hair, I comb through my hair and grab my curling iron. I twirl the curling iron around strands of hair, let it sit for a few seconds, and then release it as I let the newly formed curls cascade down my face.

After curling my hair, I put away all of my supplies and shut off the bathroom light, but not before looking in the mirror one last time. On a good day, I smile and think to myself, I look pretty good today. On the not-so-good days, I mess with my hair and try to figure out what is making me unhappy today. And on those not-so-good days, I wonder if I am good enough.....; I wonder if I am worthy of being loved; I wonder if....

Do you ever feel like that friends? Do you ever feel like you are not good enough? Do you feel like there is never enough time in the day? Do you wonder if you are worthy of receiving love from that special person in your life? I know that I do! I think that I am not smart enough or pretty enough or (insert what you are feeling here) But the truth, my friends, is that we are "fearfully and wonderfully made." God made us each with a purpose in life. But I so often forget that purpose and that promise in my life.

This last week a friend reminded me of the verse from Proverbs 31:10: "She is far more precious than rubies!" Or I love how the Message translates that verse: "A good woman is hard to find, and worth far more than diamonds." I want you to know that today too friends! Yesterday I listened to author and speaker Cindy Bultema's Monday Coffee Chat Periscope where she shared that we are good enough. We are enough. We are loved! We are worthy! We all have been given new names by God. I may not always feel it and you may not either friends. But today I am choosing to put on the nametag of "more precious than rubies."

Rubies are one of the most beautiful gems. Yet according to Wikipedia, "All natural rubies have imperfections in them, including color impurities and inclusions of rutile needles known as "silk". In other words, just like rubies, we all have our imperfections. Our imperfections might look like too much weight, grey hair, a wide forehead or whatever we are unhappy with about ourselves. Yet the truth is that God loves us with our imperfections and all! God doesn't want our beautiful faces or bodies to be photo shopped onto the latest beauty magazine cover. God wants us to be exactly who God called and created us to be.

So trusting in that promise and knowing you are not alone, will you join me in putting on the nametag of "more precious than rubies?"



I am linking up with these lovely ladies today--Holly and Testimony Tuesday, Kelly and the RaRa Linkup, Jennifer Dukes Lee and Tell His Story and Holley Gerth and Coffee for your Heart.

 





14 comments:

  1. this is so accurately expressed and so true! you always look wonderful in your blog and fb pics, but who doesn't know about those insecurities? I intend to participate in testimony tuesday, tetlling his story, etc. now and then, but happily this morning I got a new client project I needed to work on and time slipped away, though I know I need to spring for all the $$$ opps that come my way. hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara!
    Yes, yes, yes and amen!! :D So very thankful to have been a part of God's message to you. I'm thankful that you heard Him and took it to heart and are spreading that love and hope to others! I did a guest post recently, I'll share the link here. http://oneword365.com/here-for-a-purpose/ And, I think it ties in well. I love you even more than I already did!!
    ~Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy, I haven't had time to go check out your guest post, but I will this weekend. I love your more than I already did too! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Tara, I believe it is my first time visiting you. Thak you for your sincerity. I took a friend out on Monday. She had so depressed and hardly finds anything good about herself. But praying along with and encouraging her has helped. It is well Tara.
    For those overwhelming days, I look into the mirror and declare what God has said about me!
    Hugs and Blessings *visiting from #Tell His Story*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to have you here, Ifeoma. I will say a prayer for your friend who is struggling. Hugs and Blessings to you too!

      Delete
  4. I'm grateful you are my neighbor at Holley's, Tara. Thank you for this timely and comforting reminder. I so easily forget how precious I am in God's sight. That "not enough" feeling still plagues me far too often. I love the explanation about the imperfections in rubies and how you encourage us with the "truth is that God loves us with our imperfections and all!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trudy, I am glad my message spoke to you. I too easily forget how precious I am in God's sight. When I read that fact about the rubies, I knew that I had to include it.

      Delete
  5. A group of ladies and I have been studying through Renee Swope's A Confident Heart, and she addresses those insecurities and thoughts. What a sweet reminder today from your post about what God's Word tells us about ourselves and how He sees us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to check that book out, Stephanie. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. Amen, Tara. He has made us beautiful in His sight and He loves us. Yet the true beauty is what He does within us, the transformation that takes us to that place where we believe we are beautiful too. Hugs, friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiffany, Amen indeed! I love how you remind me of the true beauty. So true, my friend! And hugs back to you!

      Delete
  7. Yes, Tara...so glad to have visited you tonight. Needed these reminders! Thanks for sharing with us at #RaRaLinkup this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Angela! So glad you were touched by my reminders.

      Delete

Your comments totally make my day!