Sunday, August 09, 2015

Grace Personified

The suitcase was packed away last night.

It has been a crazy summer of traveling for me..my favorite continuing education event in the heart of the Colorado Rocky Mountains, taking youth to the ELCA National Youth Gathering in Detroit MI,  and topping it all off with a sister's trip to Nashville.

And in the midst of all of my travel, life has continued on as usual. As many of you know, our mom lives daily with a mental illness and has lived in a nursing home for the last ten plus years. In June, my sister called me to let me know that Mom was once again hospitalized. And since that hospitalization, life has been chaotic and hectic.....a few times this summer in and out of the hospital. Mom just hasn't been herself. She has been asking to move which isn't like her at all.

Then last week, we got a phone call saying she just wasn't budging about the moving. We stuck to our guns because we just didn't think it would be a good idea for her to move. Yet she still kept asking to move. We finally gave in...and she moved to a new place that specializes in pysch care. Instead of 45 minutes from me, she is now like four hours away from me. My sister and I are trusting this all to God...hoping that she can come back once she gets back on track, but for now she is in the best place for her. Just not so easy to navigate or trust in. Yet I know that this is all in God's hands! (Not the first time, we have placed Mom in God's loving care!)

My sister and I had an amazing time last week. But in  the backs of both of our minds, Mom was not far away. I am pretty sure we were both thinking about it just a little all throughout the week.  And then I got to meet a few FMF ladies! None of them knew what was going on...BUT each one of them (And each one of YOU!) is "grace personified." They reminded me that we are connected beyond computer screens and rather are connected at the heart...heart connections made by God.

In those heart connections, God reminds me; reminds us that I am/we are never alone. I loved these words from my friend Tammy's post this week: "Always listening, always hearing; Peace He gives us, love endearing; Storms may come, but then are clearing; He is here."

Trusting in those promises.....
Today and every day.

8 comments:

  1. your week in Nashville must have been so dreamy—grace-filled, too! How fun to meet all those blogger IRL! I'll continue praying for your Mom. hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed....dreamy and grace-filled for sure! :) It was so fun to meet some of my FMF sistas in real life. Thanks for continuing to pray. So much appreciated. Hugs back at ya!

      Delete
  2. Never, never, never alone. But so good to have people with skin on to remind us. Press on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Kirsten, never, never, never alone! Yes it is so good to have people with skin on to remind us.

      Delete
  3. The trust thing isn't an easy thing. I am dealing with a life circumstance and God told me loud and clear to trust him and I was still wanting to hold the reigns of control. The peace I now have is worth giving up control. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, the trust thing isn't an easy thing at all. I am so glad you have found peace. Thanks for the prayers. They are so greatly appreciated!

      Delete
  4. Praying for your Mom - and you and sister too! So thankful you were able to get away and have so much fun in Nashville! (Still praying for that camera to come back to you!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear friend! The prayers are felt...and so much appreciated. I too am so thankful I was able to get away and have so much fun in Nashville. Thanks for praying for that camera to still come back to me. Sadly I think it is lost forever! :( I emailed the Hall of Fame yesterday and still nothing...but she did say that she would still keep an eye out for it for me!

      Delete

Your comments totally make my day!