Thursday, March 19, 2015

Let's Be Real! (Five Minute Friday)

I am linking up for the Five Minute Friday. The FMF is hosted by Kate Motaung on her blog Heading Home. Today's prompt is "Real" Write for five minutes; unedited.

Yesterday I wrote a post about how there is a book currently wrecking my soul...in a fantastic way. That book is Annie F Down's book "Let's All Be Brave." I cannot stop highlighting in the book and cannot put it down. I think it is wrecking my soul, my friends, because it is reminding me to be "real" with the world around me, with my friends, but most especially with myself.

So I am choosing to be even more real with you tonight, my friends. Anyone who reads this here blog knows my deep desire to be a mom and a wife. But I have come to the realization that God may have a different plan for me. God knows what that plan is. Maybe I am suppose to be a mom by venturing into being a foster mom or adopting a child.

Yep, my friends, I just said it. There is a real part of me especially now as I read Annie's book that thinks that my bravery might indeed include being a mom through foster care or adoption. A quote spoke to me the other day on Facebook. It said, "Adoption is the visible Gospel." Wow! What incredible words! God has a real plan for me!

Let's be real friends! I don't know exactly where this journey will lead me. But I do know that God is with me on this journey. And God has given me the real strength to be brave.

And God has given you each that real strength too!

12 comments:

  1. Way to go! It sure is hard to admit to ourselves truths at times. But I wish you luck on your journey. God has a funny way of getting us where he wants us sometimes. http://bellesbazaar-heather.blogspot.com/2015/03/real-5-minute-post.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! Yes God does indeed have a funny way of getting us where God wants us sometimes.

      Delete
  2. I applaud your courage just to say those things and put it out there! I have a friend who changed the lives of two little children in such dramatic ways I can't even explain! Praying for you and whatever God has next for you. I really enjoyed this post - it was a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelli! I am glad my post blessed you!

      Delete
  3. Amen!!! What a beautiful post and such honesty and humility. Oh sweet friend I pray God blesses you with love and family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You, Shannon! The prayers are greatly appreciated!

      Delete
  4. Oh my friend... so, so brave - and I am praying with you that He will make the way known, open doors and clear pathways that He has for you! On the note of Fostering and/or Adoption - the need is so very great... Praying for direction as you consider the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks friend! I don't always feel so brave. But know that God has a direction for me. Yes indeed the need is great which makes me pray even harder.

      Delete
  5. I love that quote: "Adoption is the visible Gospel." As others have said, you are brave to be real with yourself, and even braver to share it here. I am praying for you right now--that God will show you His plan, step by step, and open the doors along the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa, that quote punched me in the gut when I read it the first time. Thanks I dont always feel brave. Thanks for the prayers they are so greatly appreciated!

      Delete
  6. Tara, this stirs my heart. God has good plans for you, and if that includes fostering/adoption, then...woah! Continue to seek His wisdom in this and no doubt you'll be amazed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie, thank you! I am trying to continue to seek God's wisdom.

      Delete

Your comments totally make my day!