Thursday, March 12, 2015

A Different Plan (Five Minute Friday)

I am linking up for the Five Minute Friday. The FMF is hosted by Kate Motaung on her blog Heading Home. Today's prompt is "Plan." Write for five minutes; unedited.

As a little girl, my sister and I spent many hours dressing up our dolls in our own baby clothes; the very clothes that our mom used to dress us up in. There is the faded yellow dress; the very first dress my daddy bought me. We would take those dollies and play house for hours. And as we played house, it was the very plan I had for my life. I was going to find that special man, get married, and have a family of our own. But often life doesn't end with that "happily ever after" that we always pictured and planned for ourselves.

It is Thursday night and I am sitting in my house alone. The television is on for noise and as my companion for the night. My arms are empty; silently waiting for that special little one to snuggle and care for. My plan; the plan I pictured as a little girl is not the plan that has happened for me.

I still pray that someday God will bring that special man into my life. I'll still get married and I will still have a family. But this plan is not the plan God has had for my life. I still don't know what God's plan is for my life. Maybe it will happen the way I always pictured it. Or maybe I'll become a mom through foster care or adoption. The truth though is that God indeed does have a plan for me...and God has a plan for you too!

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper and not to harm you; to give you a future with hope."--Jeremiah 29:11

12 comments:

  1. Oh dear Tara, I'm so grateful you have this perspective, although I'm sure it's not always easy to keep in mind. No matter what our plans are, they often don't include the many twists and turns that God takes us on. But we can rest in His presence along the journey, knowing He's right there with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Asheritah! So true!

      Delete
  2. Oh my friend! I hope you know that I am praying along with you for this. I know how much you love children and want to be a mom. I don't know what His plan is either, but I know He has one for you (and for me too with regard to a different situation). I'm so glad that part of His plan was that we crossed paths and became friends. I love you, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the prayers friend! God does have a plan for us all. I too am glad that our paths crossed too! Love ya too!!

      Delete
  3. thanks so much. I'll try to msg you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara, my heart goes out to you. I pray that God's plan is revealed to you soon. I also pray that a tiny bundle of joy will fill your arms and a good man by your side. I admire your strength and your faithfulness is inspiring. May the Lord bless you abundantly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon. My strength and faithfulness most days don't seem inspiring so thank you also for saying that they are.

      Delete
  5. I pray that God reveals his plan in its fullness and perfectness soon. Praying for Him to comfort and guide you as you wait.

    ReplyDelete
  6. His plans are good... but oh how we can find ourselves questioning and doubting them! I am believing with you - with these others here, that His plans for you will unfold and bring blessings and joy that cannot be contained! Sometimes we want to rush His timing - but the thing is, even when it doesn't feel like it - it is always perfect! Knowing that and trusting that are often two different things! Praying they merge into one! Love you so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh so true friend! It is so easy to rush his timing. But God knows God's timing! Thanks for the prayers. They are so greatly appreciated! Love you so too friend!!

      Delete

Your comments totally make my day!