Thursday, February 19, 2015

Waiting in Faith

Do you ever have one of those times when a sermon you've heard just keeps replaying in your brain? Last week's sermon was one of those for me! It has a deep grip on my head and my heart. Last weekend my colleague PB was the preaching Pastor for the weekend but unfortunately was not feeling well, so my other colleague PK had to preach. PK's words and sermon have been replaying in my head ever since last Sunday.

The whole theme of PK's sermon was about "waiting upon the Lord." One of the questions that he asked especially has been replaying in my heart and head this week. The question he asked was this, "How many "untils"? Can you wait for them in faith?"

How many "untils?" "Can you wait for them in faith?" Anyone who knows me or has read this here blog knows how my heart yearns so deeply to be a wife and a momma. I have often said....I cannot wait until I find my Mr. Right. I cannot wait until I have my first child. I cannot wait until....(fill in the blanks). And as I heard those questions, I found myself caught by them.....caught so much that my head shook along in agreement and a lump caught up in my throat. I'll be honest I haven't been very good at waiting in faith for my prayers to come true.  There have been more days than not when I wonder if God has heard my prayers at all. But the truth is I need to trust more fully. I need to wait more patiently. I need to especially wait for them in faith.

"Faith is the assurance of things hoped for the assurance of things not yet seen"

 "Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return!" As I heard those words last night and the cross marked on my forehead, I found myself saying, "Tara, you need to wait in faith...wait in faith for your "untils" to come true. It also reminded me that in my own humanity and even mortality, I am a human; called, claimed, and loved by God. And God is continually making me new! God is continually making YOU new too friends! I know that isn't easy for us to hear but God has this incredible way of taking dust and making it into beautiful things. And so as I wait in faith, I trust God to make my "untils" come true and for God to make me new!









4 comments:

  1. Love that song "You Make Beautiful things"...it isn't easy to wait, much less wait patiently and in faith! Praying for you as you "wait upon the Lord"...

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such great song isn't it?! Thanks for the prayers. They are greatly appreciated!

      Delete
  2. This was so well said. I believe that while you were typing this out and declaring it more patience, more healing, more freedom was all happening for you. Great song by the way. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie! Yes indeed I think all those things were happening for me. I love that song. God bless you too!

      Delete

Your comments totally make my day!