Thursday, February 26, 2015

Over Coffee (Five Minute Friday)

I am linking up for the Five Minute Friday. The FMF is hosted by Kate Motaung on her blog Heading Home. Today's prompt is "Visit." Write for five minutes; unedited.

There is something so incredibly holy about pulling up a chair, sipping coffee or even wine with a dear friend. And as we visit, we hear each others stories and our souls become intertwined as we realize we have more in common than apart.

I have been blessed throughout my life to have friendships like this that when we visit together, my heart becomes full. We pray for each other. We laugh so hard our sides ache. We cry on each other's shoulders through those difficult times. These are the women that I hold dear and jump at every opportunity to visit over coffee or wine with them.

I visit every Thursday evening over Twitter with the #fmfparty. I visit over coffee and conversation with my best friends. Sometimes these visits become few and far between because our schedules become full. Other times, these visits are just what my heart and soul need. I am always thankful for these visits and cannot wait for the next one to come.

My friends, pull up a chair, sit down, and I'll pour you a beverage of your choosing and then we can sit and visit!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my friend... I love this so! I am all about pulling up a chair! ;) One day, in real life... until then, praise God for twitter and voxer, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes one day in real life and yes totally praise God for Twitter and Voxer until then!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely invitation to visit with you! I am all about those visits that leave you full of joy and laughter! This was such a great post, Tara. Perhaps one day we can all visit in real life!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leah, that would be wonderful if we all could meet in real life someday!

      Delete
  3. :) I'll take a decaf, non-fat latte (aka a 'why bother' ;) ). One day, we'll get a 'real' visit in--meanwhile, I enjoy visiting you virtually at your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like we like the same stuff. I am not a big coffee drinker. I would rather have tea or a fancy cappuccino or latte or something! Yes one day hopefully we will indeed get a "real" visit. I enjoy that you virtually visit me here!

      Delete
  4. There truly *is* something about shared meals, drinks, snacks, sustenance that opens people up, draws them closer, and creates new bonds. Maybe I need to check that Thursday twitter party... but I'm at church at Thursday family dinner most Thursdays :( I noticed another Leah commented, so I'm off to check her out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! You should totally check out that Twitter party if you can.

      Delete

Your comments totally make my day!