Friday, May 02, 2014

Past Years Friday Five

For today’s Friday Five, share with us where you were and what you were up to 1, 3, 5, 10, and 20 years ago! What were your dreams—did you follow them? Who was journeying with you? Feel free to keep it light (I was on vacation at the beach with my bestie!) or reflect more deeply (a call was brewing…). Have any pictures from those moments to share? We’d love to see them!

1 Year ago---I was serving as the Director of Home and Family Ministry at Dilworth Lutheran Church in Dilworth, MN. Little did I know that later that year, I would find myself accepting a new call.

3 Years ago--I was continuing to serve at DLC. Also according to my Timehop, I was spending my time with two cute girls (B and C) while their mom and dad had some kid free time! :) I also was finding myself reflecting on the death of Bin Laden.

5 Years ago---Serving at DLC...getting ready for the end of another school year.

10 Years ago---I was Wartburg Seminary getting my Masters degree in Youth, Culture, and Mission. Some of my favorite memories are of WTS.

20 Years ago---I was a freshmen in high school. Little did I know that my parents would get divorced a year later. I was busy enjoying time as the VB manager, spending time in LYO, and so much more. I was dreaming of becoming an author...which I still dream of. My best friend was Mandy! (May she rest in peace!)

2 comments:

  1. journey's take us sometimes to unexpected places. Thanks for sharing your timehop with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Little did I know...." What a difference that makes. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments totally make my day!