Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Hellos and Goodbyes

Anyone who has ever found themselves planning for a new adventure knows that it is not easy! Saying goodbyes and hellos are difficult.

I've been thinking about those hellos and goodbyes lately. I am so blessed to be in this new place and I have been so blessed by the place I just left. I am reminded of all the dear friendships I've left behind but I also am fully aware of the new friends I am making here. I love that I am reconnecting with friends from prior adventures in my life. But I am deeply missing the friendships I have left behind. I am finding myself in this weird place between saying goodbye and hello.

I know that in time the goodbyes will fade away and the hellos will be more prominent. But for now it is such a weird place to be. Tonight when I went to Zumba, I was so glad that I went but I also found myself yearning for my Zumba girls from the Fargo Curves. I am making new friends but I deeply miss my friends. I can't stop by and see them. I can pick up the phone but it just isn't the same. There is just something about knowing that we are in the same city. But that is no longer the case.

"The two hardest things to say in life are hello for the first time and goodbye for the last time." Oh how I am remembering this in these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments totally make my day!