Saturday, November 23, 2013

Making A House a Home

It's been a busy day! And my house is finally starting to feel like my home which I am loving!

Some of my family is in town for a convention so my aunt and I went out earlier today. We purchased some items for my house. We bought some new curtains. We purchased a snow shovel for those snowy ND nights. And of course, we got some other items for the house as well.

Then later my uncle helped me hang some pictures. The beautiful gift from DLC is now hanging in my dining room. The coat/key rack is hanging too. Tonight as I sit on my couch I am finally feeling like I am home again.

I know that home is truly where your heart is and that is true. But it is also true that there is something about making a place YOURS. Yes, I miss my friends and family and the relationships that have formed over the last 6 years. And I am looking forward to making new friends. And that all will come in time. But tonight I am definetely feeling like this place is HOME!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post! I'm looking and hoping for pics when you're ready! blessed Reign of Christ / Christ the King! see you online! PS I'm sort of planning to reactivate fb in time for Advent.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments totally make my day!