(1) Ben Larson's version of Psalm 30. This one is an easy one for me because it holds such a special place in my heart. When Ben died in the Haiti earthquake, I was in PA with the Diaconal Ministry Formation event serving as a small group leader. The morning of the earthquake we listened to one of Ben's songs. Little did we know that later that same day he would lose his life in Haiti. My small group had been given the task of leading worship that next Thursday. The girls decided to play Ben's version of Psalm 30 as people were entering the chapel. "Mourning may come for the night but joy comes with the morning."
(2) Where Charity and Love Prevail. I've always loved that hymn. But its even more special knowing that more than likely it was a verse from this song that Ben was singing when he took his last breath in Haiti.
(3) Go, My Children With My Blessing--I love this hymn. It was sung at my Consecration Service as a Diaconal Minister in the ELCA.
(4) Remind Me Who I Am by Jason Gray LOVE!!! This song is one of my all time favorite Contemporary Christian songs. I love the message that this song portrays. May we always be reminded of who and whose we are!
(5) Working at Bible Camp for almost 7 summers, there are so many camp songs that hold a special place in my heart as well.