At the moment I am washing clothes and packing (headed off to the ELCA National Youth Gathering) but thought this FF was so much fun I had to play.
1. If a spaceship landed in your back yard, and three very cute little aliens knocked on your door and asked you to show them around Earth,where would you take them? (Remember, you have superpowers from last month's Second Friday Five, so if you need to use them for transportation, feel free to do so.) Golly, there are so many places that I would love to take these cute little aliens. I probably would first take them to one of my fave places: SuperAwesomeBibleCamp. I also would show them the beauty of the prairies of ND. I would take them to CO and the Rocky Mountains. I also would take them to Wartburg Seminary and Dubuque and since we are in Dubuque, I would take them to beautiful Galena IL. Ok its probably a good thing we have super powers because I would take them EVERYWHERE I could possibly think of!
2. What is making you grumpy these days? Actually there really isnt anything making me grumpy at the moment!
3. O.K., so now that you got the grumps out, what is one thing today that will be sheerly joyful for you? As I look towards the ELCA Youth Gathering, joy fills me as I know that I will get to see friends I havent seen in forever. Joy for me today was getting to indulge in some yogurt from Tutti Fruitti. Spending time with youth from church brings me joy! Beautiful summer days bring me joy. Actually so much joy these days!
4. I am pitifully, once again, trying to grow a garden. Last year I only harvested one cucumber. This year, I have zucchini, cucumbers and tiny tomato plants. Everything is abloom, but the jury is out whether there will be any yield. So, do YOU have a garden? What are you growing? If you don't, what is your favorite fresh summertime vegetable/fruit/flower? I dont have a garden but I love fresh produce. My fave is tomatoes but I love cukes and green beans and sweet corn from the garden too! Actually there isnt much that I dont like from the garden!
5. If the aforementioned aliens suddenly demanded all the contents of your closet, OR ELSE (as in clothing, shoes, etc.) but kindly said you could keep three items, what would they be? My Kindle, My Bible, and a family photo