Thursday, June 14, 2012

Hope for the Weary (Not Yet But Yearning to Be One) Mom

As I posted yesterday, my friend Anna is hosting an online Bible/Book study, "Hope for the Weary Mom!" As I read her post and the posts of the other mamas, I wonder what kind of a mama I will be! My heart aches for these mamas as I read their stories!But their honesty inspires me and I hope other mamas are blessed by reading their thoughts. Mamas, you aren't alone!

•Have you gotten to the place of total breakdown? What does it look like for you? I have not gotten to that place of total breakdown. However I am sure I will someday when I have that family I am so yearning for. There are times when I get to the point of breakdown because I havent experienced what mamas are experiencing and I want that so badly!

•How does it feel to know that you don't really have what it takes to be the kind of mom you want to be? The phrase that keeps popping into my head is "fearfully and wonderfully made." God made us all to be who we are! I'm no mama but I am a sinner. I have a feeling that when I become a mom someday I will be disappointed and will compare myself to other mamas. Forgive me friends but there are days when I am sad and am...dare I say it...jealous of those of you who have a family! I just need to remember that God remains faithful and will always be faithful!

Just my thoughts. I am definetely no mama and don't pretend to know everything about being a mom! I just hope I can be a good support for my mama friends. You are such blessings in my life. And one day I hope to be as great of a mom to my children as you are to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments totally make my day!