Monday, February 20, 2012

Who I Am?

Many who know me know that I love to listen to all types of music especially Christian music. I recently found myself driving home from work and listening to a new song that I never heard before. Something about this song caught me and I found myself really listen and reflecting on the words. I love it. The song is "Remind Me Who I Am" by the artist Jason Gray (The video is really powerful too!) Something about this song is so catchy and just really catches me. I downloaded it on my Itunes and onto my Iphone! I crank it everytime it comes on the radio or I'm listening to it on my phone. What is it about this song that is so beautiful....I think it's the simple reminder for God to remind us who we are when we forget. The truth is we all are loved.

Recently I read a blog post titled "A Holy Tantrum" (If you haven't read it, let me know and I'll post the link for you) where the author was having a holy tantrum because of suicides etc that are happening due to bullying etc. The article that spawned this post was basically saying it was ok because these people chose their sexuality etc. It makes me angry. No matter where you are, these are people...someone's sister, someone's daughter or son, someone's best friend, etc! The truth is we are all "fearfully and wonderfully made!" I wish people really believed that...but I know that's not reality...and that hurts my heart.

Tonight the youth from church volunteered at a local food shelf. I'm so proud of them because in doing this service, I think they realize how lucky they are and realize what it means to see everyone as "fearfully and wonderfully made"; even those who don't have a home or food upon their plate etc. We may not know what their stories are!

So this Jason Gray song is my new theme song. I think sometimes we all need to be reminded of who we are! I can get so caught up in the things I don't have and yearn for; a husband, a family, etc but then I must realize what I do have.


"Tell me once again who I am, tell me lets not forget who I am to you, I am the one you love!"

 "I belong to you"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments totally make my day!