Thursday, February 09, 2012

Praying Goodbye and a Smattering of What Ifs....

I just returned from a going away party for a good friend and her family. I used to hate saying goodbyes and I still strongly dislike them but with my seminary experiences of saying goodbye, I look at them at a totally different way. A friend recommended a book by Joyce Rupp titled "Praying our Goodbyes." That book has become my mantra when I say goodbye. I'm excited for the new adventures this will bring my friend and her family. I pray that the transition goes well for all of them. Tonight as we gathered I found myself playing games etc with their three year old. I was climbing through tunnels and sliding down the slide with her. It was so fun!!! It made me reflect more on this current battle between my heart and my mind. I find myself asking a lot of "What if" questions!

What if....God is calling me to take on this new adventure?

What if......someday soon....God is going to bring my Mr. Right into my life?

What if...

What if.....

What if....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments totally make my day!