Sunday, July 03, 2011

A Holy Spirit Moment

Wow! Talk about a Holy Spirit moment! This morning I led worship and preached. The text I preached on was from Matthew where Jesus says, "Come to me all you who are weary and I will give you rest." As I began preaching, I looked out into the congregation and right in front of me was a man who is battling cancer. He is home for a short while and they came to church. He was there with his family. Wow; talk about holding back the tears. I continued to preach and found myself smiling back at this man and his family. After the service, his mom came up to me and gave me a hug. She thanked me for my beautiful sermon. Tears were streaming down her face and tears were streaming down my face! Here I wasnt sure about this sermon at ALL but it was exactly what so many needed to here. Thank you Holy Spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments totally make my day!