For today's Friday Five, please share with us five spiritual practices or disciplines from your experience. They can be ones that you have tried and kept up with, tried and NOT kept up with, ones that you flirt with at various times, or even practices that you have tried and found are definitely NOT your cup of tea. Let us know what's worked for you...and not
1. Praying through my friend's list on Facebook during Lent--A friend started this spiritual practice last Lent and I decided to do it with her. Because I enjoyed it so much I decided to do it again this year. It is so fun and really helps me stay disciplined because I don't want to let them down!
2. Journaling--Since I am a writer, this is important to me and allows me to stay focused on what I want to pray about etc. It helps me to put my thoughts on a page and allows me to have a conversation with God through my words...if that makes any sense to you all.
3. Silence--Silence is a good thing during worship. Some of my favorite moments in the Diaconal Ministry community have been when we have been worshipping and allowing for silence. Powerful stuff!
4. Lectio Divina- Just not my cup of tea! Not sure exactly why but it's something that I don't seem to get a lot out of!
5. Self-Care---Something that was embedded in me at seminary and something I definetey need to do....time for myself whether that be getting my hair down, spending it with friends or family, being silly, etc. I also have found a new love...Zumba! So much fun and such a great workout!