Name five things that were unexpected in your life that you are now grateful for.
1. Seminary! I never in a million years thought God would call me to seminary but that is what happened. It has blessed my life in so many ways. I met some of my bestest friends while at seminary. I grew into the woman of faith that I am today there. I heard my call to Diaconal Ministry there. Wow....who would have ever thought I would end up there but it truly has blessed my life!
2. Corky- My dad's new wife...I never thought mom and dad would get divorced but they did. Cork (her birth name is Cordell) is in no way my mom but she has been such a blessing to my sister and I.
3. Mom's illness---I find myself thinking it's odd for me to write this as an unexpected blessing but in some ways mom's nervous breakdown has been that. If I could take it back, yeah, I probably would...I don't like seeing mom sick etc. However when mom was sick, I took care of my sister. I looked out for Andrea. I grew up much faster which I wish wouldnt have had to happen but the reality is all of this stuff has made me into the woman I am today!
4. Thanksgiving with friends-The first Thanksgiving by myself I thought was going to be me chilling by myself but thankful I have wonderful friends who unexpectedly invite me to their holiday dinner. Thank you for such an unexpected blessing!
5. Im having a hard time coming up with my 5th one....I guess for me it probably will be when I finally meet my Mr. Right. Being single for so long I know what I want etc so the singleness in a way is an unexpected blessing!