1) Are pies an important part of a holiday meal? ABSOLUTELY! Also coming from German-Russian heritage; kuchen is very important too. According to Wikipedia, Kuchen is defined as "A pie-like pastry, with a thick, "cakey" crust and a sweet custard based filling."
2) Men prefer pie; women prefer cake. Discuss. Opposites attract right?!?! So this must be why men prefer pie and women prefer cake. I also think cake seems sweeter as where pie seems heartier.
3) Cherries--do they belong in a pie? Why not?
4) Meringue--if you have to choose, is it best on lemon or chocolate? CHOCOLATE OF COURSE!
5) In a chicken pie, what are the most compatible vegetables? Anything you don't like to find in a chicken pie? I like a lot in my chicken pot pies; chicken, corn, carrots, celery, peas, etc