We lead privileged lives.
True, some are more privileged than others but the fact that we are communicating right now via technological devices puts us in the privileged category.
There are many perks in my life for which I give thanks and then there are some that make everything right in the world during the moment I am enjoying them. I'm wondering what a few of those things - five to be specific - are for you.
1. Hot Tea in a Mug---I'm totally not a coffee drinker but during the winter months or just to relax, I love hot tea. There is just something so great about sitting down with a nice cup of tea and relaxing.
2. My Bed--- I love my bed too! So good to be able to curl up in it when I want to nap or just head to bed for the night.
3. My friends (Camp friends, Seminary friends,RevGalBlogPals, Diaconal Ministry Friends etc---I don't know where I would be without my friends. They are so great. And they all have blessed me beyond in words. I wish I got to see a lot of them WAY MORE than I do! However I am glad that we can communicate via FB, mail, email, Skype, etc.
4. Finding a new Nativity for my Nativity collection---When I was in college, I started a Nativity collection. There were just so many neat ones out there and so I love finding a new Nativity for my collection. I also like when someone gives me a new one for my collection. I have about 15 Nativity sets now! So cool!
5. Homemade Quilts--My grandma is a quilter and has made me some beautiful quilts. I also worked at a Bible camp who had a quilt auction every year as a fundraiser. I bought some quilts and others were given to me as gifts. They are all so precious and beautiful. I love curling up on the couch with one of my quilts on a cold winter day or even when Im feeling a little under the weather.
6. Books, Books, Books---I love to read!!! I love finding a new book and reading new books. I currently have a pile of "to read" books that have like 5 books or so on the pile. I like being able to hold the book in my hand so Im not sure I could ever buy a Nook or Kindle but who knows maybe Ill change my mind someday!
Well I posted more than 5 but oh well. I probably could have gone on for hours! Have a great day everyone! I think Im going to curl up with one of my quilts on the couch because I think Im coming down with something! :(