Friday, January 12, 2007

Admiring Friday Five!

Please count down five living people you admire and tell us a little something about why they make your list. These could be famous people or people you know personally.These are five people that have had an amazing impact in my life and no one is better than the other so Im just going to list them in no particular order.

Awesome Campus Ministry Director-This woman is amazing. She has such a compassionate heart and Im so glad I was blessed to meet her. She was there for me many times. She supported me when I went off to seminary. I dont get to see her as often as I would like but she still means the world to me. I hope that some day I can be at least half the woman she is today. Thank you JH for believing in me.

The Wartburg Crew---They have all impacted my life in ways I couldnt even have imagined. Without all of you, Im not sure I would have made it through seminary. You supported me and helped me grow as a woman of faith and I am so greatful for that. You all are awesome pastors, associates in ministry, and diaconal ministers. I am so delighted and greatful that God brought all of you into my life. I am thankful for you SKDO, for you Mark, for you Liz, for you Kev and Kenz, for you Squatch and your awesome wife, for Jen, for Carrie, for Hillary, for world-traveler friend Heather, for the Andersons, and the list goes on and on...you all know who you are!

Silly-This is a play on his last name but this man believed in me when no one else did. He hired me and I later found out that he didnt think I would be able to work there an entire summer, but boy was he wrong. I ended up growing at this wonderful place and ended up working there for about six summers. It was such a delight to have Silly preach at my consecration service. If he hadnt believed in me back then, I dont think I would have ended up at seminary. I also am very thankful to Silly's wife M as well. She is a beautiful woman of faith!

My mom-I admire my mom in so many ways. She has lived most of her life with a mental illness, yet she still loves life. She tries not to let her illness get her down. I know that living as a manic/bipolar woman hasnt been easy for her. I know that sometimes she wishes she could be a better mom, but I wouldnt trade her for anyone in the world. It is because of her that I have grown into the woman of faith that I am!

Sonflower Friend-Sonflower Friend is my kindred spirit in so many ways. She has been such an awesome friend who I admire. I love that she has followed one of her dreams and is now working in Guatemela for the God's Child Project. She has such a compassionate and caring heart. She is truly a sister in Christ. I love that we can talk for hours together. I love that no matter how long it has been since we have seen each other, we can pick up right where we left off. Sonflower Friend is someone I admire because she is such a great friend.

My family-I love them all to pieces and dont know where I would be without their love and support. They mean the world to me! My dad is a hard-working man. My sister is a beautiful woman who has been hurt by too many stupid men. My grandparents are loving, caring, hard-working people. My aunts and uncles are loving and caring and supportive as well. All these people have helped me become the woman of faith that I am by their examples. They all have struggled but have taught me how to overcome those obstacles. (And even though she is not a part of our family yet, my dads friend C is an amazing woman and I admire her too!)

Well I guess thats it for now. I couldnt pick just five! I admire way too many people in my life and definetely wouldnt be were I am without their love and support. Thank you! And remember they are in no particular order!

5 comments:

  1. what a great list- and how brave your mom is- I struggle with depression and it can be really hard at times.
    Peace and blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you talk about your Mom. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Marie said. Thanks for this deeply felt list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great play, thanks! Being able to list family is such a gift. This is my first visit to your blog, but I'll be back to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your list and the people you know. Can we meet silly?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments totally make my day!