Tuesday, October 31, 2006
Sunday, October 29, 2006
Friday, October 27, 2006
2. Scariest movie you've ever seen? I have seen plenty of scary movies. One of the scariest to me was probably The Ring movies but also signs was pretty scary too. One time when some friends and I were watching signs, the phone rang for real at the same time it rang in the movie. I jumped pretty high. It scared the living daylights out of me!
3. Bobbing for apples: choose one and discuss:
a) Nothing scary about that! Good wholesome fun.
b) Are you *kidding* me?!? The germs, the germs!
I used to love to bob for apples when I was younger. Not sure how I feel about it know since there is lots of germs but part of me thinks there are probably worse things todays youth could be doing.
4. Real-life phobia: Not sure that I really have one! I just dont one to lose people I love!
5. Favorite "ghost story": When I worked at camp, there was a story we used to tell the other staff. Now that I think about it, It really was a scary story.
And some bonus questions since I didnt do the Halloween Friday Five last year.
Fave Candy? Candy Corn and Pumpkin Candys, and of course Snickers bars
Worst Costume? Probably the time I was a sandwich and tied to pillows to myself with brown felt and stuff on the inside for the meat etc. Good idea at the time but didnt turn out to well...LOL! My fave was probably the time I went as static cling! I wore all black and stapled random pieces of clothing to myself...a sock, etc
Wednesday, October 25, 2006
Monday, October 23, 2006
Friday, October 20, 2006
whirlwind-my life sometimes! Seminary!
foundation-of course Im going to say the church's one foundation :)
lightning-lightning bug, lightning bolt, lightning strike, grease lightnin'
den-Daniel in the lion's den!
prey-those being hunted, killed, etc
(Yes, they're all from Job 38.)
Tuesday, October 17, 2006
Sunday, October 15, 2006
Friday, October 13, 2006
2. Comfort chair: Dont have much furniture yet still trying to furnish my new apt but usually it a couch or recliner
3. Comfort read: Danielle Steele Jewels. Ive read that book a zillion times
4. Comfort television/DVD/music: Anything that will make me laugh...or RENT!
5. Comfort companion(s): My mom, dad, sister....really any one of my family or my friends
Wednesday, October 11, 2006
Sunday, October 08, 2006
There are so many things in life that are priceless to me. I was reading another blog today and the writer was challenging his readers to say what they are thankful for so I decided to take him up on his challenge. I am thankful for so many things and they are absolutely priceless to me. Im thankful for my family. They mean the world to me. We've been through some rough times as a family but we have always been there for each other. I love that. I am thankful for my job. The youth and individuals I work with are blessings to me. They all have shown me what it truly means to live as a baptized child of God. Im thankful that I have a home and food etc when so many out there do now. I pray that God brings them warmth, strength, food etc. Im thankful also for the many friendships Ive made throughout my life. They mean the world to me just like my family. They have been there for me during some extremely difficult times and I often wonder where I would be without their love, support, courage, etc. Im thankful for these priceless gifts in my life.
And now onto other news, the weather around me is definetely beginning to feel like fall. The leaves are dying and are scattered on the ground. The air is cool. Soon it will be colder than heck here in ND but I must admit I love snow. I guess when you've grown up with it around, you just get used to it. I love that every Christmas I can remember has been a White Christmas. That just puts a smile on my face. Hard to believe that before we know it Advent will be here. I love Advent and Christmas. They remind me of the awesome gift God gave us in God's one and only Son Jesus Christ. And as I reflect on that gift, I cant help but see the reminders God gives us of new life in the changing of seasons etc. My wish is that this week we may take a little time to recognize those wonderful reminders in God's creation! Another priceless gift!
Friday, October 06, 2006
2) What was the contest at the top of the ballot? I actually cannot remember. I suppose Bill Clinton and Im not sure who else.
3) Can you walk to your polling place? Absolutely its only a couple of blocks
4) Have you ever run for public office? No
5) Have you run for office in a club or school or on a board? Yeppers. I held many offices when I was involved with FHA (Future Homemakers of America). I was Secretary, VP, and even President. Other than that, I dont think Ive held any other offices.
Monday, October 02, 2006
In seminary, I even wrote a paper on the loss and grief associated with the illness. I remember one particular quote jumped out at me. It said something along the lines of, "There are 100 board and care facilities in the shadow of our steeple and we dont even realize it."To me this quote emphasizes the harsh reality of how many people struggle with this illness day in and day out. But it also proves to me, how many people are afraid to share their stories because of the stigma associated by the illness. My sister and I now are legal guardians for our mom. It wasnt an easy decision but it is a decison Im glad we made. Mental illness is a scary thing and I know that yes sometimes it can be attributed to events like todays school shooting but I think its important for us to look at medical history, etc before jumping to conclusions. Its just one little thing we can do to help demolish the stigma associated with the illness. So as we celebrate Mental Illness Awareness week, help me and other families shatter the stigma associated with Mental Illness. Together I believe we truly can make a difference!!